August Rose Bulletin

Just a note to you Rose lovers, Bexrose Newsletter for August has just been posted on their web site at:-

Martin Double Bexrose - Webmaster

Email: snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com Web Site:

Martin

It would sure be nice if this person contributed something to gardens, instead of always just posting links to his website *yawn*.

Zer

Reply to
Zericall

My Dear!

If you would care to take a look at:-

and you dealt with all of the enquires that this site generates then you would indeed realise what a great contribution this person makes to gardening.

There are of course some postings that we could do without on these newsgroups, need I say more?

Regards

Martin Double Bexrose - Webmaster

Reply to
Martin

[...]

It's just that commercial advertising isn't generally allowed on discussion sites. Quite a few people here are in the trade, but don't take advantage. Personally I've got no problem with it if it's infrequent, relevant, and comes from somebody who regularly contributes to the discussions. But otherwise, who's next? B&Q?

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Lyle

these

don't

I don't think the Bexhill Rose Society is a commercial venture.

But nevertheless, unless my memory is wrong, the charter of urg says that anybody may place a garden-related advertisement in urg not more frequently than once a month.

Franz

Reply to
Franz Heymann

In fact w.r.t. adverts

Advertising Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:

Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD" or "ADVERT".

Participants in discussions may include references to their garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines).

Reply to
me

Mike,

Please, at least, take the trouble to look at:-

then you would realise that this site is not only non-commercial but it raises a lot of money for charity without asking a dime from these newsgroups.

You are also missing out on quite a lot, if you are a rose lover, by not looking this site up.

Regards