Attack Of The Stinkbugs

Specifically the Brown Marmorated Stinkbug which has apparently been in the US less than 15 yrs. This is my 1st experience with any kind of stinkbug.
Suspend SC (Deltamethrin 4.75%) kills them but they die slowly and you have to squirt them directly. Walking across a dry film layer of the poison seems to have no effect.
But here's the rub: Everybody goes ballistic about their odor when squished. Well, over the past seven days, I have squished about about two dozen inside the house and at least 1,000 outside on the cedar siding or in the garage with a fly swatter. I cannot smell a thing even though possessing an excellent olfactory sense. Hell, I can smell a fart at 20 yards. Guess I should be thankful small blessings in dealing with this nuisance.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 25, 6:54 pm, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid (jack) wrote:

It is not uncommon for one person to be able to smell something that another cannot. I was on a subway once when a lady boarded with a friend who was trailed by a kid. The lady pulled out a spritzer of perfume and said "I just got this! Want to try it?" They recoiled in horror (obviously the subjects of prior experience). She went on to spray herself and inhaled deeply. Meanwhile, most of the train's occupants moved away- the stuff had to be called "Roadkill in the Sun".
Chris (Taste is mostly smell. Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylthiocarbamide for a good description.)
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/25/2010 6:54 PM, jack wrote:

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 22:54:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid (jack) wrote:

You'll have more next year then. They mark their territory and return next year with friends.
I had just a couple 3 years ago. Never heard of them before. Now I have literally thousands invading the house in fall and exiting in spring.
New twist this fall is that there appears to be new kinds tagging along: greens and some smaller different shaped ones.
Starting to affect the fruit crops here now (western MD).
My shop vac has been working overtime.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 17:15:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nomail.please (JustTom) wrote:

Well, at least I have the consolation of knowing that about 2,000 of them won't be reproducing.
Add pictures here
✖

Let me know if this is viable. Never had them in our house to this year they respond well to a fly swatter.
<http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/special/creepy/bugpate.html#axzz11Vm24 Ff1>
Just had a small storm go by 20 inches rain in NC and just 5 here. Tree took out everything till now. Last Friday.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0JfdP36kI

✖