Asian Mantis...Invasive?

While searching Ebay for my Mantis tiller I stumbled across many listings for praying mantis eggs. Some of these specify that they are Asian mantises. Searching the web for that it appears this is a species relatively easy to raise in captivity. There are many of these raised and shipped around the states. This seems to me like it might be a bad idea....comments? On another search for hummingbirds one page was of a hummer captured by a huge mantis, in the Carolinas I think. Wonder if it was a native mantis or something else.

Reply to
Boboed

Boboed wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No, not a bad idea as far as I know. Here in Virginia, the Asian species of Mantis share the environment with our native Mantis with no ill effects. I don't know if they intermingle or not.

Reply to
David Bockman