Asian Longhorn Beetle Larvae Identification

I live in the Chicago area, and as many of you know, over the last few years we have had problems in certain areas with the Asian Longhorn Beetle. Anyway, I was splitting some wood the other day and found it to be infested with some sort of boring larvae. The wood is Willow.
I have tried to identify the larvae via a web search, but can find no particular site on the larvae identification. I am attaching a link to a picture.
If someone knows of a good site, or has experience identifying the larvae, I would appreciate some feedback.
Thanks,
Ken
http://www.geocities.com/hitmensoftball/picture.jpg
k_haas snipped-for-privacy@core.com says... :) I live in the Chicago area, and as many of you know, over the last few years :) we have had problems in certain areas with the Asian Longhorn Beetle. :) Anyway, I was splitting some wood the other day and found it to be infested :) with some sort of boring larvae. The wood is Willow. :) :) I have tried to identify the larvae via a web search, but can find no :) particular site on the larvae identification. I am attaching a link to a :) picture. :) :) If someone knows of a good site, or has experience identifying the larvae, I :) would appreciate some feedback. :) :) Thanks, :) :) Ken :) :)
http://www.geocities.com/hitmensoftball/picture.jpg
:) :) I would think the easiest way would be to contact the local extension service or your state's main ag university to send them samples. Or to satisfy your curiosity you could isolate an infested log loosely wrapped in plastic and kept warm to let the larvae develop into a more easily identifiable adult.
--

http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/brodf1.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

A picture of what? I don't seen any larvae. sed5555

was named Giddleman or Gittlemen if that helps.
All I see in your picture is a slab of wood, no larvae.
Try this website for lots of images of larvae, etc.: http://ag.udel.edu/biir/anoplophora/whatisALB.htm
BT

Sorry,
Let's try this again.
http://www.geocities.com/hitmensoftball/Newimage.jpg
Ken

This is not the Asian Longhorn beetle larva. This is most likely Cryptorhynchus lapathi (Curculionidae), a willow/poplar borer (prefers willow). Much better picture. sed5555