Artificial photosynthesis ?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/05/080508144332.htm
O, Brave New World, that hath such intriguing possibilities as emulating the photosynthetic "dimmer switch" of plants to create the "ultimate green and renewable source of electrical energy".
Persephone
On Sat, 10 May 2008 04:17:31 -0700, Persephone wrote:

Intriguing indeed! Perhaps I am too jaded, for I must ask...
Cui bono? So much really good science, so many good ideas wind up in the hands of the fools and never come to fruition, for the good of us all...
Sigh........thanks for the "hope". ;-)
I've started nosing about some in sciencedaily, when I have time, and find it fascinating. Thanks.
Charlie