Arrrghhh! Ants!

Arrrghhh! I just picked up a bag of triple mix and found:

http://www.reptiles.org/~gwen/ant.jpg
underneath. Should I worry about them? They're grossing me out something fierce [I don't know if the little red ants are showing up - but the white things look like cocoons not maggots.
I'm in Toronto, ON - Zone 6a.
cheers!

Following up to myself, they look like:
    http://www.pestcontrolcanada.com/Questions/What%20is%20this%20pest.htm
[search down the page for #88b or 'ants']
cheers!

No problem, they are not bad if you use a little butter when you fry them up. Tasty! :)

I prefer candied grasshoppers - ants always seem to catch on my tongue when I eat them.
[the local suggestion seems to be Lasius Flavus/Yellow Ant, and not to worry. I'm still trying to get to "don't worry" though ;>]
cheers!
Cat said:

The ants found the temperature and humidity under the bag to be perfect for their nursery. I bet they started hustling the larvae and/or pupae off to somewhere less exposed once you lifted the bag.

Impressively so, yes ;> I think they'd managed to get everything under cover in something less than 15 minutes ;>
The local nursery seems to think that they're Lasius Flavus - Yellow Ants, and can be considered harmless, which leaves me feeling much better. [still rather disconcerted by the... uh... magnitude... but better ;>]
cheers!