armdillos

We've got an armidillo burrow complete with back and front entrances - identified by the tracks in the sand it dug up. How do I get rid of it? The back entrance of the burrow is right next to the house and amid water pipes. We live in SW Florida, so all soil is sand. Should we flood the burrow? I don't want to hurt the animal, only get it out of my garden!
--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure

Don't you have animal control in Florida?
With all the endangered species in your state, one would think you have a pretty sophisticated version of animal control.

The
pipes.
: :> We've got an armidillo burrow complete with back and front entrances - :> identified by the tracks in the sand it dug up. How do I get rid of it? :The :> back entrance of the burrow is right next to the house and amid water :pipes. :> We live in SW Florida, so all soil is sand. Should we flood the burrow? :I :> don't want to hurt the animal, only get it out of my garden! :> : :Don't you have animal control in Florida? : :With all the endangered species in your state, one would think you have a :pretty sophisticated version of animal control. :
    I just moved back to Florida after 25 years elsewhere. Funniest thing I've heard since I moved was from a state park ranger who refered to armadillos as "indigenous wildlife" that should not be molested.

--
Wendy Chatley Green
snipped-for-privacy@cris.com