Are you as daft as me?

So, who else will be as daft as me on Christmas day and sow their broad bean seeds? I'll be out there, the forecast is frost free and may be damp. Just right for sowing! Happy Christmas All the best Gardenjunkie S. E. England
--
Gardenjunkie

Add pictures here
βœ–
Gardenjunkie;872690 So, who else will be as daft as me on Christmas day and sow their broad bean seeds? I'll be out there, the forecast is frost free and may be damp. Just right for sowing!
Happy Christmas All the best Gardenjunkie S. E. England
lol that would be fun since its winter here in southwestern ontario, canada ;).
i hope u have a lot of fun planting and get a really good yield as well :).
good luck :). cyaaaaaaa, sockiescat.
--
sockiescat

Add pictures here
βœ–

A balmy 36F here in Northern California. With any luck at all, I'll get some seaweed planted today.
--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist.²
Happy Christmas All the best Gardenjunkie
--
Gardenjunkie

Add pictures here
βœ–
In the 20's here on the Pacific NW so no planting for awhile. Do have a new layout inside my head that I'm working on. :)
Merry Christmas!
Donna in WA

Add pictures here
βœ–
MackW wrote:

Actually you didn't, some Botanist did.

You can add some leaves to lemonade made from lemons, more as agarnish (it'll be difficult squeezing juice from basil). However you can use the plant to make lemon basil tea. And you can use lemon basil for cooking and in salads the same as standard basil.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Boron mentioned this site over in Alt.bread.recipes.
<http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/index.html extensive and wonderful work.
I like Nichols for plants and seeds
<http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/store/index.php?CZSESSID œd5ecb9355 8f951e16d3bd636091a2a>
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
deals with Sugars
βœ–

I cant comment on lemon basil. But I grew a Lemon balm plant. it made a tea that tasted exactly like lemons were in it
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/24/09 4:41 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk,

Cheryl
Add pictures here
βœ–

It was a beautiful Christmas Day here in Northern Sacramento Valley in California. It got to 50 in the sunshine, so that's where I stayed. No vegies planted here, broccoli is doing fine and that is it. But I did spend most of the afternoon doing my "pre-rose pruning" Cutting them back to about 4 feet and then stripping the remaining leaves off. I found lots of little narcissus noses peeking up; the birds were singing and enjoying the nice day also.(It was 25 overnight and the bird baths were frozen solid so I did thaw them out, so birdies could drink) About 3pm it started to get a little colder, so I had my tea and XMas cake, and went in to look at catalogs and start my Long List.
Christmas Bloomers were few this year, due to the 19 degree nights. Roses were not anythin;g but buds, most of which got cut off. Camellias are starting: PinkPerfection and Jordan's Pride. Gaillardia is valiantly hanging on with a few passable blooms. Pansies and violas are going strong. A few early flowers on the Loropetalum. Emilie NorCal
Add pictures here
βœ–
Gardenjunkie wrote:

Not quite. It has been in negative degrees F. here in Colorado. Christmas morning at 10 AM it was -2 deg with a wind chill equivalent to -22deg. F. and six inches of new snow on the ground in the Rocky Mts. where we were staying. It was all of +18 deg. F. at home.
Not exactly planting weather, or even skiing weather unless you are a teenager.
gloria p
Add pictures here
βœ–