+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: WP_000141.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: WP_000138.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: WP_000137.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: WP_000134.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: WP_000130.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: WP_000129.jpg | |Download:
skippysje

Out of curiosity how big are these images?

David Hare-Scott

In message , skippysje writes

Do you want them? (One definition of a weed is a plant growing where it is not wanted.)

Anyway, apart from the first, these are not common garden weeds. I'd need to see (clear images of) flowers to be certain of identifications.

to see flowers to be sure.

Almost certainly a weed.

The plant at the bottom left is Perovskia. Not a weed. I can't identify the plant at the top left.

are Linaria purpurea, Veronica spicata and Veronica longifolia). The first is a cultivated plant that often goes wild, whether the last two are usually found as cultivated plants.

|Filename: WP_000137.jpg | |Download:

|Look as if they are the young rosettes of Papaver orientale agg. (Oriental poppies), though I can think of alternatives. Not weeds.

|Filename: WP_000134.jpg | |Download:

|Not a very clear photograph, but I think that they're Allium schoenprasum (chives). Usually not a weed.

|Filename: WP_000130.jpg | |Download:

|A Primula sp. Usually not a weed.

|Filename: WP_000129.jpg | |Download:

|Might be a Rhus typhiflua (sumach) sucker. This is a cultivated shrub, but can turn invasive, at which point the owner decides it's a weed.

Or, might be something on the lines of Sorbaria.

Stewart Robert Hinsley

The first photo is the only one where you have what almost everyone would agree is a large, weedy plant (behind the Perovskia aka Russian Sage, not a weed).

The second photo has some weeds mixed in with what might be a Veronica (speedwell) cultivar, not a weed.

Any plant that you (1) don't like that is (2) growing where you don't want it to grow might as well be, for all intents and purposes, a weed.

Throw in aggressive spreading and seeding, and even otherwise pretty plants will end up on many "weed" lists.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz