Are there any other good garden news groups?

My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to rec.gardens so I am looking for another source of garden related info. Are there any other garden discussion/news groups that are not clogged with span and morons?
-eky
says...

Perhaps what you need is a different news service.
        Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.

If you are really with "bellatlantic.net" now known as Verizon they are *not* filtering newsgroups.

USDA Zone 8
Travis, are you sure? What else could account for a dramatic decrease in message volume?
--beeky
Travis M. wrote:

dot net".

USDA Zone 8
snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net wrote:

of Web Forums. Gardenweb seems to be one of the most active, with very many garden type specific categories. Pretty decent place to go, **IF** you don't mind all the cookies that get set on your computer, and the pop-ups that keep nagging at you for one thing or another. The list of subject topics is here:

snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net wrote:

You might check out www.davesgarden.com . It's moderated with rules,etc. and has some nice functions once you get around the 'old fashioned' feeling of the site.
carl
--