Are Hydrangea paniculata seeds Sterile?

Was brousing Ebay and noticed that one person was selling seeds for Hydrangea paniculata (PeeGee hydrangea). I was taught that these flowers were sterile and did not produce seeds. Is this true? is this seller selling un-viable seeds.

Here is a link to the person's selling page.

Thanks, Dave M

Reply to
dhmeiser

------------------------------------------------ I think you are probably correct, Dave. the usual methods of propagating commercially are stem cuttings in summer and by mound layering. The latter not so much used now.

Yorkshire UK

Reply to
Peter Dawson

Not all paniculatas are PeeGee's - only the cultivar 'Grandiflora', and while it does have mostly sterile flowers, it does produce fertile ones as well. The bulk of the flowers on most paniculata cultivars are fertile. They are just not as showy as the sterile flowers and tend to get overlooked.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal