Are Bell Pepper Seeds Slow To Germinate?

Ten days ago I planted eight Big Bertha bell pepper seeds in peat pellets. I have them in small plastic cups which I placed in a zip lock bag along with a damp piece of sponge. They are also on top of a germination heat mat. So far, I only see 2 seeds that are germinating and just showing through the peat pellets. Is this length of time common for bell pepper seeds?
Rich from PA
Add pictures here
✖
Yes, peppers are very slow two germinate. Peppers are also a slow growing plant, at least in Michigan's cooler weather. I usually wait two to three weeks for them to pop up out of the soil.

✖
White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

3 weeks to germination isn't unusual in my germinator tray with heat pad and grow lights.
Jobs, not Wars
=
--
- Billy
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in
On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 10:28:10 -0400, White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

This year I placed my pepper germination trays in a second oven we keep in the garage, with the oven light on and door propped open to keep the temp at about 85F (ranged from 80 - 90) and had germination within seven days on all but three of the variaties. The three then came on within a week under lights. I only assume the the 85F ambient air temp was more beneficial than under tray heat
I've had peppers take three weeks+ with undertray heat.
Be patient.
Charlie
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 4, 7:28 am, White snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

Get rid of the peat pellets and your germ. rate will improve.
Add pictures here
✖