Arctic Kiwi - Need to save them

I have both a male and a female Arctic Kiwi plants - both 1yr old. We just had a harsh rain storm with hale and one of the plants broke at ground level. Will the plant grow back from the roots? If I place the broken plant in water will it form new roots? I don't know how to tell which one is the male or female in order to replace it if the above doesn't work.
Add pictures here
✖
WOWO. dont know what to tell you. when they are adults the males get very colorful. Mine are 5 years old maybe 6 and this is the first year the male really developed the white and pink leaves. the female has too, interestingly. both have flowers. I marked mine, altho I know the one on the left part of the fence is female too. I would say just wait and see. Ingrid
On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:16:08 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago
Add pictures here
✖

The female plant has a bulbus portion in the middle of the flower from which the fruit develops. The male, not. If you google images you will be able to find examples.
But to answer your question about rooting kiwis, yes it may be done from cuttings. You can buy rooting hormones for woody plants which may help it along. Heating it from the bottom is also supposed to help. Root it in vermiculite or a sterile starting mix. The roots tend to be stronger than if done in water. Trim the branch back to below a bud union and stick it in. And wait wait wait.
It might grow back from the roots though, you never know.
Good luck with that, Dora
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 4, 3:38 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: