arcobill

I am attemting to grow F1 cucumbers hydroponicly. I have beautiful 8-9 ft vertical vines, The vines are flowering profusly, but have about 95 % male flowers. I have been picking them off daily.
Why is an F1 producing so many male flowers & am I correct in picking them off ?
They are of Armenian variety. Seeds purchased on the internet ???? Started seeds in the hydro, in Febuary. Thanks, arcobill
--
arcobill