Arborvitae Substitutes ?

Hello,

We wanted to put in arborvitaes along our back property line for screening however every nursery tells us they are deer candy (at least here in upstate NY) and don't do it !

Is there any substitute that is deer resistant and resembles the pyrimidical shape of arborvitaes? Ideally we would like the shrub to be anywhere from 6 to 12 ft high , 8 ft wide max. Any suggestions?

TIA

Reply to
Jerome

gregpresley