Arborvitae keep dying

I plant a lot of trees with good success, but I'm on my fourth Arborvitae in this same spot on the west side of my house (about half day sun). Living here 20 years I am sure there was no contamination on that spot. Just across the sidewalk is another Arborvitae that has survived for several years now. Originally there were Red Cedars growing in these places, but I pulled them out about 8 years ago when a problem with Apple Cedar Rust developed. The last tree was planted last fall and started browning out over the winter. It may be wind burn, but everything around it (grass, yew bushes, apple trees, and the other Arborvitae) are unaffected. This
variety is supposed to be hearty, but I think they are susceptible to damage for
their first and possibly second year after planting. Well, I am waiting for Menards to get in their trees and maybe they will honor their exchange pollicy (this current tree was a replacement). I want to stick with Arborvitae to balance off the tree on the other side of the entrance walk and don't want to spend a bundle on a 5 foot
exotic evergreen. Any ideas on how to prevent another dead tree?
Sherwin
As always here are some issues to be addressed when caring for trees and associates. I would have to see the trees.
--
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Oh, I cannot resist any longer.....
No! M u s t r e s i s t...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
NO! NO!
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is......
NO. I shall resist.
Whew.
Sorry Sherwin. Jest funnin' with ya a little.
Charlie
Charlie wrote:

Somehow Charlie, I am not amused.
Sherwin

Somehow Sherwin, I am not surprised.
Charlie
Billy wrote:
Sheldon in deed was the author of that little dialogue. I can't imagine

Because you are blinded by your bigotry, stupidity, and immaturity.

I'm sure he won't lose any sleep now that he is on your list, nor will I.
Sherwin