Arbortitae Problem

I have six Arborvitae planted in a row with about 10 feet betteen trees (Central Maryland). They are about 5 years old and are doing well except for one tree that developed dried needles on one side of the tree and rolled up needles similar in shape and appearance to a cacoon made by butterflies. There does not appear to be anything inside, however.
I started spraying the tree with the same thing I am spraying my vineyard (Dithane, Sulphur, Penncop, and Seven). The condition has not gotten worse and possibly it is showing some signs of recovery.
Any idea on what this condition is due to?

Sounds like bagworms... http://tinyurl.com/yr39m8
Go out early in the morning and just pull the bag worms off. I know of trees doing well that had bag worms for many years. It is a spruce my father planted. As far as problems with your trees here is a start. Remeber they don't like wet feet, the trees you have.
--
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

http://www.yardener.com/ArborvitaeProblems.html
I am in SE PA and travel to and own a place in MD.
I would be happy to look at your trees.
As far as the pesticides go I would check out some information here. http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html
I think you might be killing the good guys along with the bad guys.