apples or oranges?

what is it going to be?

Reply to
MeaningWhat

I tried to compare them once, and got all confused.

Reply to
Pico Rico

Pico Rico schrieb:

admitted, it is hard, but just for the heck of it.. lets be naughty and compare them

Reply to
MeaningWhat

What about medlars or quinces?

David Hare-Scott

lets just stick to the basics for now. medlars and quinces are clearly very complex topics for the experienced reader.

Reply to
MeaningWhat

Well, pancakes don't have wheels so maybe best to just leave them alone. They don't fit anyway. One's a citrus and the just your normal run-of-day fruits.

But if you must, and must must be, then listen to yourself and try not to be influence by others. We all come to this place in our lives. Take you lifes' learnings and then if you are able, share your experience with the rest of us. Maybe you found a short cut or something....and it's always good to share.

Donna

Reply to
Irondale

Irondale schrieb:

i would share any apples or oranges with you or others. But if you have to decide, what would *you* say? and i hope you leave those quinces alone.

maybe we could introduce pears and peaches for those a little reluctant to approach the apples and oranges dilemma..

Reply to
MeaningWhat

I will take the apples. Apples grow well in Michigan. Oranges do not grow well in Michigan. Apple are in abundance here. The cider mills are running all out. Also donuts do not go well with orange juice. Cider and donuts... Just go so well with each other!

Reply to
Dan L

I like baked apples with perhaps some almonds and raisins about. Cinnamon too. Been known to add a touch of butter and maple syrup. Good cold for days. I have to drive about 25 miles now to get Mood's cider not pasteurized. In the day it was a stop on the way home from work at.

Bill who putters

Are you actually interested in growing fruit? If so be more specific about what you are trying to tell us or ask us and you will get good responses. So far your post seems vague to the point of being contrived to be that way which hints that you don't have any interest in fruit - but I could be wrong.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I'll take sloes every time. Especially drink time.

Reply to
John McGaw

Tell me about sloes. They are not grown anywhere around here. I have heard of sloe gin and sloe wine, what is it like?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Ok, it's really quite easy for me to decide: apples! Thumbs down. (You'd think that would be thumbs up but let's save that for another day.) Why apples? I can plant apple trees in my yard while anything citrus in my part of this vast dynasty fo a place called earth would only survive in my bathtub. So one choice let to another and there's no way I'm going without my shower! Now, red ones? yellow? Yellowish with reddish?

Donna

Reply to
Irondale

You have a very powerful light over your bathtub? Neat. You can get that all-over tan while washing! All you need now is some palm trees and you can go on tropical holiday, floating in tepid waters while the sun(lamp) beats down on your very own swim-up bar. With the price of air travel set to rise this could be big, very big.

David Hare-Scott

If I wrote 'Here chook, chook, chook!' would you understand what I meant? :-))) I think there is some of that going on here.

Reply to
FarmI

Yes but one gives the benefit of the doubt.

David Hare-Scott

:-)) I think you must be much less cynical than I am :-))

I've had a lovely week in the garden and can't remember a Spring that has held such promise for a bumper summer. I've got herbs leaping out of the ground in my new herb bed near the back door. My passionfruit has a tiny sprout appearing above the graft even though the whole top of it suffered from frost damage and I am eagerly awaiting a burst of growth from it. My carrots are up and growing strongly, my silver beet is producing as is the rhubarb, the lettuces and a few other greens. The sodding cockatoos are taking the tops off my broad beans but they need tip pruing anyway so I shouldn't grumble. I've bought a heap of cow manure and pelleted poo and an in the process of spreading it. Life in the garden is rosy and hectic.

Reply to
FarmI

I doubt that. I am trying to get a silver star this week so I am being nice to everybody.

I just pulled all my broad beans and the last of the peas are going for seed saving. After a slow start the pasture is looking great, 70mm of rain has the clover jumping out of the ground. Mootilda just thundered by to get to my daughter who appeared with the magic bucket. I now have a flock (yes a flock) of black cormorants assaulting the dam so perhaps there are some fish left. Will there be any tomorrow? We live in hope.

David Hare-Scott

David Hare-Scott schrieb:

i am quite content with the responses i already got. i cannot grow oranges, but i have an apple tree in my garden. actually this post should not be taken too seriously. its primary purpose was entertainment.

Reply to
MeaningWhat

Think of a small tart plum growing on a small spiny tree and you will be pretty close. It is kin to cherries, plums, peaches, apricots, etc. The wood is great for making walking sticks too.

Reply to
John McGaw