anyone own a "water wiggler?"

hi,

i have seen these devices advertised. they supposedley lightly agitate the water in birdbaths thus preventing mosquitoes from laying eggs and also attracting birds through the motion of the water.

i did a group search and while they are mentioned on occasion, i can't find anything where someone says, "i have one and they are good, bad or indiferent."

does anybody actually have one of these devices in their birdbath that would care to elaborate on it?

thanks,

mike

Reply to
mike

I change the water everyday sometimes twice by hand.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

I have one and it works as advertised. Have had no problems with mosquitoes laying eggs.in stagnent bird bath water. The wiggler does seem to attract the numerous finches that use a nearby feeder.

One set of fresh batteries lasted the entire season (April thru October) last year and it appears the same will be true this year. BTW, I bring my wiggler in for the winter.

Reply to
Ed-NH