Anyone have the Toro Straight Shaft Trimmer?

I was wondering if anyone has the Toro straight shaft trimmer which Home Depot sells for $180. I have the California model, if that makes a difference. I wanted to find out if your engine mis-fires as much as mine does - ie. does it need service or are they all that way? Forget about part throttle. It hits about every third time. Full throttle it mis-fires continually. It is the worst running two-stroke I have ever seen. I have a Stihl leaf blower, and that engine is a dream compared to this thing. It has done this since new, but seems worse now. At least when new, it ran a bit better at full throttle (not much).