Anyone have Creeping Fig planted aorund their place?

Am looking for a good evergreen fairly fast growoing vine to cover up my chimney in the shaded side of the property. Had considered dutchmans pipe, english ivy and creeping fig. I know a lot of homes in europe is literlly covered in creeping fig.
Anyone in this forum familiar with or utilize this plant? Pros and cons appreciated.
Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.
- Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests are like genealogists: We know our roots!

Bout 100 miles north of the Gulf Coast in Alabama........I would imagine it should do fine here as the nursery says it sells a ton of the stuff every year. Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.