Anyone have Creeping Fig planted aorund their place?

Am looking for a good evergreen fairly fast growoing vine to cover up my chimney in the shaded side of the property. Had considered dutchmans pipe, english ivy and creeping fig. I know a lot of homes in europe is literlly covered in creeping fig.

Anyone in this forum familiar with or utilize this plant? Pros and cons appreciated.

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

cover up

homes

and

Er, where do you live? Creeping fig doesn't do well everywhere. But it WILL prefer sun.

Jim Lewis - snipped-for-privacy@nettally.com - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests are like genealogists: We know our roots!

Reply to
Jim Lewis

Bout 100 miles north of the Gulf Coast in Alabama........I would imagine it should do fine here as the nursery says it sells a ton of the stuff every year. Visit my website: