Anyone have any luck with this?

Hello, madgardener here........I just discovered that there is a REBLOOMING LILAC (Syringia) by the name of 'Jocie' that blooms in late May and then again once established (about two or three years depending on the root size) in late September or October. Anyone have this new lilac and have any luck with it? As you know, I am in zone 7 (straddling 6b-7a) and since this lilac carries the name of a future daughter in law, I figured it would be a nice addition to my family of shrubs. Thanks in advance for the information.

madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler on a perfect fall morning, overlooking English Mountain where the clouds and fog is draping the hillsides and trees with a shawl of smoky creamy white, you can actually see the screaming oranges and hot pinks of the sugar maples, the reds of the dogwoods and summac's, and the incredible multicolored leaves of the poison ivies up in the Jack pines, in Eastern Tennessee-zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Reply to
madgardener

I briefly did a little surfing Maddy and this is all that I came up with so far. It's a dwarf lilac and the name is "Josee". I'm wondering if I could plant this in a container on my balcony, I live in Seattle......hmmmmm.

Val

Reply to
Valkyrie

OOOOOOOOOOPs, forgot to add a link

Valkyrie

I don't know what zone you live in but the first one on google using "Dwarf Lilac" get the following:

Josee Lilac

Description from Gardener's Supply Company: Enjoy sweet-lilac fragrance from May to October with pretty pink 'Josee', a lilac-lover's dream come true. Dwarf variety grows to about 4-1/2 ft tall just right for a hedge or border. Blooms profusely each spring, and with deadheading continues to bloom all summer.A vigorous, low-maintenance plant Hardy in Zones 2-9 Shipped by growing zone, beginning second week of September through third week of November Allow 1 to 3 weeks for delivery after shipping has begun Expedited shipping is not available Sorry, no shipments to AK, HI, PR or VI Not sure of your zone? Click here to use our Zone Finder.

BetsyB

Reply to
BetsyB