Anyone Have A Kwanza Cherry Tree?

I just bought one. (I live in the Florida Panhandle.) Wondered if anyone has any expirences with them....how have your Kwanza's done? I'm looking for any tips/advice you could pass along to me.
Patrick
Watch out for bark beetles. They got mine.
On 25 Sep 2004 19:42:27 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote:

I bought 2 from Lowe's in Springfield, IL last Saturday for $25 a piece that were about 7 ft tall. I hope they make it through the winter.
(Patrick) wrote:

I had one for about 10 years. Here in the Mid-south drainage is critical. Water logged soil is fatal. But it is a nice tree for spring color. Enjoy!
(Patrick) wrote:

(Patrick) wrote:

I had it for about 3 years and it was looking great. Then one winter/spring, the bark beetles found it. That was also the year I lost three other trees to ice storms. I think the storms may have weakened the tree. It came back up from the roots and the current trunk is about 4 years old. I have since learned to tell when those beetles show up and how to get rid of them.
On 27 Sep 2004 22:49:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote:

(Patrick) wrote:

The tree died down to the ground, but the roots lived. I cut it off at 3" from the ground. This tree lost a couple of limbs from the ice, but nothing major. I never saw the beetles, just the bark and wood damage. The tree suddenly had very soft discolored areas along the trunk, starting from about 5" off the ground and working thier way up. They showed up in the spring and by June the branches were dying. So I cut it down in the fall. Next spring, it started coming back up from the roots. I gather I could have killed the beetles with a poison in the spring, (contact a reputable garden center for info), but by the time I figured this out, it was too late.
On 3 Oct 2004 18:38:32 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote: