Anyone Have A Kwanza Cherry Tree?

I just bought one. (I live in the Florida Panhandle.) Wondered if anyone has any expirences with them....how have your Kwanza's done? I'm looking for any tips/advice you could pass along to me.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

fran

I bought 2 from Lowe's in Springfield, IL last Saturday for $25 a piece that were about 7 ft tall. I hope they make it through the winter.

Reply to
Ace

I had one for about 10 years. Here in the Mid-south drainage is critical. Water logged soil is fatal. But it is a nice tree for spring color. Enjoy!

Reply to
nonews

Fran,

Did the tree survive? How long did you have the tree? Where do you live? Can you give me any other details?

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

Reply to
fran

Fran,

So you cut the original tree done and it came back from the roots? Wow! Did the original tree loose some major branches during the ice storm? What do the bark beetles look like and what can you do about them?

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

Reply to
fran

Thanks for all your help/advice, Fran. It's much appreciated!

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick