Any new stuff?

Anyone trying new crops this year?
Some of mine are:
Green Zebra tomatoes Black Cherry tomatoes Pink Oxheart tomatoes Quadrato D'asti Rosso sweet pepper Amish Lamb's Tongue lettuce Italiko Rosso Dandelion chicory Purple Plum radish Five Color Silerbeet Swiss chard (in a flower bed)
cheers
oz, glad the Ark is parked
In article

I suspect that since Carlo Petrini came out with "Slow Food Nation", this puppy has skyrocked off the charts.
I have four.

--

Billy

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBB0svwMdY&feature=related

On 4/23/08 12:20 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "MajorOz"

You are so going to love the Green Zebra and the Black Cherry tomatoes
n Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:08:06 -0400, Cheryl Isaak

Would those varieties work in So. Cal. coastal?
I looked on-line and lots of mail order places sell them, but I hate to pay S&H for one package.
Any other So.Cal coastal NG members have grown them? Experience? Know where to buy? I don't recall seeing them at any of the local nurseries.
TX
Persephone

On 4/23/08 1:01 PM, in article 480f6b60$0$7726$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com, "Persephone" <Persephone> wrote:

I get them at a local farm stand. Sorry, it's in NH, but I'd check your local ones for interesting veggies.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to having them.
I forgot to mention that I am also growing leeks for the very first time. Package says 150 days and it is best to wait for frost before harvesting. Izzat so?
cheers
oz, who got almost all his seeds from Baker Creek
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:25:12 -0700 (PDT), MajorOz

Which variety did you plant? I've always planted the Giant Musselburgh, though I have Blue Solaize (from seedsavers) in storage.
Cool weather and a little frost improves the flavor somewhat, so I've heard. We start using them when they get some size to them and we can't wait any longer. MMMMmm...tater and leek soup........
They will stay in the ground and good into the winter. Mulch em' good.
I've harvested in Dec. You should have good luck, down yonder. ;-)

Charlie, who got almost all his there too!
On Apr 24, 10:21 am, Charlie wrote:

They are American Flag, a Ferry-Morse/wal-mart hybrid. BC didn't have any the day I was seed shopping.
Will saved seeds from hybrids produce?

The May 4-5 planting festival there will be a hoot. I can't go Sunday, but will be there pickin', singin', and browsin' Monday.
cheers
oz
oups.com:

well, yes, but... you won't get anything like the hybrid parent. the resulting plants may be like their grandparents, or maybe not. IOW, if you plant seeds from a hybrid leek, you'll get some sort of a leek, but it may have undesirable traits, like susceptability to disease or slow growth, small size, bland flavor... (or they could be really good) lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

Some of mine...
Amaranth, Golden Giant and Love-Lies-Bleeding Quadrato D'asti Rosso sweet pepper Fish Pepper (hot) Thai Red Chilis (hot) Leutschauer Paprika Pepper (medium hot) Robertos Cuban Seasoning Pepper Orchid Pepper (medium hot) Mangels Fife Creek Cowhorn Okra Sweet Pea Current Tomatoes Quinoa
Several other peppers, we grow many in pots. They make attractive, edible landscaping.
Charlie
On 4/23/08 2:41 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, "Charlie" <Charlie> wrote:

Sweet Pea Current Toms - those sound wonderful... C
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:32:46 -0400, Cheryl Isaak

Hoping so. We have really enjoy current toms. They have such a huge flavor. Hope these are as good as the others we have planted.
CHarlie