Any ideas on screening out my messy neighbor?

Page 1 of 2
Put on your thinking caps and review the pic below.
http://tinyurl.com/2her7v
How do you like the view from my dining room?
I asked my neighbor to clean up his mess. He said he would. That was two years ago.
I called code compliance once. That made him mad. Hate to go thru that again.
I hung a neighborhood clean up reminder on his door. He must have overlooked it.
I don't have a truck to haul it away. Hate to pay someone every month to come around again.
Only things left are murder and landscaping.
Any thoughts on some type of screen to block this off? A trellis with some type of evergreen that would grow thick and fast and last thru the winter?
It's limited space, about five feet, so I think a typical holly would be way too big.
Zone 7, full sun.
Pokey.
To be perfectly honest, with the amount of space you have, a picket fence would be your best bet. If that is too expensive for you, the box stores sell bamboo screens and those cost about 20 dollars for 16 feet, 6 feet tall. You'd still need to put in stakes.
You can call around for pricing on putting in a fence for the length of the heaps of crap. It may not be as expensive as you think and you'll gain privacy and peace of mind.

You don't seem to be winning this war. You mentioned this before. May I suggest you hang a curtain and forget it.
--

BetsyB

"Pokey" <slow_mac snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Some people just have NO pride. I think most of us have similar problems....
You're not alone....
Uh, Isn't most of that stuff fencing? Volunteer to help put it back up!

On Tue, 22 May 2007 16:49:17 -0700, Pokey wrote:

A trellis with jasmine, http://picasaweb.google.com/jfoote101/432007/photo#5051117148790388706
Stained glass window.
Put up a fence or move...
Yes, I've got a neighbor I'd rather not look at his yard, but I had a lot of room and waited while the trees got taller.

Put up one eight foot section of privacy fencing in a very carefully chosen spot and plant to either side and a little in front of it. Make a small vignette in whatever style you find pleasing- maybe a bench or water feature. Life is too short to look at crap outside your window, and trying to get them to care seems futile.
--
Toni
Just moved to 6b Kentucky
Pokey wrote:

Stick some posts in the ground, nail some galvanized mesh to it, and plant confederate jasmin. Water the jasmin and stand back. In a couple of years that stuff will be so intertwined with his junk HE won't be able to find it.
(I made the mistake of planting that stuff near my old house. It damn near peeled the vinyl siding off. Looks pretty, smells great, but damn is it agressive.)
How is Confederate Jasmine superior to (say) Madagascar Jasmine, as seen here:
http://tinyurl.com/245jjh
texas_gardener wrote:

I don't know about Madagascar Jasmine, but Confederate Jasmin has flowers and leaves along the entire length of its stem, making it really nice as a screen.
I'm sure there are other jasmins out there that can do as well - but when you live in the deep south, you plant Confederate Jasmin. <big grin>
--Yan
There seems to be a PMS problem with some of the ladies on this group.
I do want to thank all of the people that made a legitimate effort to help. I picked up a few ideas. The picture of the trellis was very nice and I like the idea of a vignette or small water feature.
Thanks very much,
Pokey

You asked for answers. You got them, free. Three hundred and sixty degrees worth. Now your saying you didn't want some of them?
You don't like the answers? Don't ask the question. It's up to you to select the answer that best suits you. It's not the responsibility of the group to make you comfortable. Suck it up.
I don't remember any of the answers being sexist. Why do you dump this shit in this group? Makes me wonder which head am I talking to here. I trust this isn't a case of testosterone poisoning.
- Bill Gustibus coloribus non disputatum

You're disgusting and vulgar. Go away!
Persephone

I don't get PMS any more! :) I'm glad you got some good ideas. This newsgroup has been here for more than a decade and some of us, me included have been here for over a dozen years or more. Sometimes people "get" the humor, some not so much. I'm smiling.
the confederate jasmine stays green all year

but only in warmer climate, right?
rosie the rookie

Hi Yan:
According to the brief research I did, Confederate jasmin has nothing to do with the confederacy... Additionally, according to:
http://www.diyprojects.info/bb/sutra234695.html
jasmine is poisonous. Is this true??

So is the foliage of tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant.