Any ideas for how to use this?

I have this large jar, about 2-gal. capacity I would guess and have been wondering if it's intended for use as a container for growing things. It has one hole in one of the sides, about a half inch in diameter and about 2 inches up from the bottom. I'll attach a link to a photo of it. If anyone has suggestions about possible uses for such a container, it would be appreciated.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7350/jar2xq.jpg
On 5 Apr 2006 19:44:51 -0700, ghb624 wrote:

I would suggest it was once a table lamp with a bottle garden (ferns and stuff) in it....
ghb624 wrote:

bong?