Any grant programs for xeriscaping in my area

I live in San Dimas, close to LA County but technically in San Bernardino County. Does anyone know of any programs or grants which help homeowners wanting to install eco-friendly or water conserving landscapes?
huerochingon wrote:

Boy this is a hard one. Ask your water utility.

USDA Zone 8

I want in on this one! I'll plant lots lavender & echinacea if some utility is really dumbass enough to give me a grant to play in the garden.
I suspect the only "grant" would be the savings on the sewer & water bill. In some particularly drought-stricken municipalities in southern California & the southwestern states or in Australia, you can get municiple funding assistance or no-interest loans to install water-saving greywater systems & rain-catching systems, which'll still be expensive & have to factor in savings over a decade to begin saving money on the deal. But the most you can get for xeriscaping is to not pay the punishing water rates for using too much.
-paghat the ratgirl
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Hey, LADWP shade tree project gives people free trees. My utility company offered me something like $75 when I bought a washing machine. Why is that dumb? It sounds like they are looking for ways to not only save on resources but also beautify and restore the landscape. Sounds okay to me, I just thought I could get a little help since my new yard is costing a fortune! Sorry for asking ratgirl.