Any Good Web Site To Narrow Down Plants Selection By Plant Characteristics?

I would like to know if there is any good web site that I can use to narrow down selection of plants by various plant-characteristics.
I have a couple gardening books that have a list of plants described in good details. But they are all sorted by their Latin names. I would prefer that I can have an option to filter the list of plants and then sort the list by various criteria from the most important to the least.
The kind of plant characteristics that I would like to be able to query on are: - Annual, perennial, or biannual - Zone requirement - Sun requirement - Water requirement - Soil requirement - Height and width - Shape of the plant - Flower color - Blooming season ...etc
Any suggestion? Thanks.
Jay Chan

The only one I know of is at: http://www.bambooweb.info/SSL.php but it only lists bamboos.
Bill
That web site is quite useful for selecting the right bamboo. I am hoping that there will be web sites similar to this and have a broader selection of plants than just bamboo.
Thanks.
Jay Chan

Although not comprehensive, Bluestone Perennials has a search feature on their website that lets you specify characteristics such as zone, type of soil, amount of sun, height, bloom time, bloom color, etc. You enter the filters and it returns plants from their catalog that meet your specifications. Since they have a good selection of plants, it is a helpful tool even if you don't intend to buy anything. www.bluestoneperennials.com
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Wrote:

Hi Jay,
You don't say where you live so a couple of these may not fit you hardiness zone if you are in the US. Here's what I have. http://tinyurl.com/4dxxq http://tinyurl.com/5og7r http://www.perennials.com / http://tinyurl.com/8mh5k http://tinyurl.com/c77mo http://www.epicplants.com/enter.html http://hcs.osu.edu/plantfacts/Plant / http://tinyurl.com/aesum http://tinyurl.com/dwjeq
These are just to look at color: http://tinyurl.com/783g6 http://www.colorwithplants.com/main.htm
Limited selection of plants, but if you're in a colder zone of 4 to it could be helpful. http://tinyurl.com/aprxa
New
-- Newt
Great! This is exactly what I am looking for. I will browse around to see if I can find anything interesting.
Thanks.
Jay Chan