Any experience with Orbit irrigation timers?

I'm in the process of revamping the electromechanical automatic sprinkler in my front yard. The goal is to replace the sprinklers with dripline and the timer with something "compatible" with current requirements, in particular no watering when it's raining. The existing controller is a Lawn Genie which uses a six-day cycle and is limited to one session of 30 min/day per zone.

A local retailer which I respect sells Orbit "Easy Dial" and "Easy Set" timers. Does anybody have experience with either type? I've downloaded one manual, and can't find any reference to maximum watering time, nor whether simultaneous watering on separate zones is possible.

It looks as if watering intervals of several hours once per week will be called for, with flow rates low enough to allow at least two and perhaps three zones at once. It's a modest yard, about 2500 sf of lawn and less than 100 feet of flowerbeds. Presently there are four zones, I'd prefer to leave the main plumbing alone. Merely fixing the leaks involves more digging than I like.

Thanks for reading, and any guidance!

bob prohaska

Reply to
User Bp