Ants destroying lupines!

I have lusted after these flowers since we went to PEI. I have a few plants but armies of small brown ants are sucking the life out of the flower stalks, and they break off in a couple of days. What should I do? Linda

Reply to
Linda Maddalena-Lucey

In article , snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net says... :) I have lusted after these flowers since we went to PEI. I have a few plants :) but armies of small brown ants are sucking the life out of the flower :) stalks, and they break off in a couple of days. What should I do? :) :) If it is in fact the ants that are damaging the flowers, fire ants are the only small ant I can think of that do damage flowers, they should be easy enough to follow back to their nest then address them there.

Reply to
Lar

replying to Linda Maddalena-Lucey, Lupine wrote: Try lupine bugs. I can no longer grow beans. These bugs destroyed my crop of green beans four years ago.

Reply to
Lupine