anthurium leaf turn brown at the middle of leaf edge

Hello all,
I bought an anthurium this spring. It came with 2 blooms and never had any more. I understand that's probably because the lighting is not enough. But the leaves turn down even though they still send out new leaves. The way it turns brown is interesting. The leaves are heart shaped. The brown spots start at the middle of both leaf edges and the spots grow bigger and bigger and merge and the whole leaf becomes so ugly and I cut it. So many leaves follow the same browning pattern. I'm wondering whether this relates to any know cause or desease.
Thanks a lot for any insights!
Tiff