Ant poison that's safe for veggie gardens..

I have fireants in part of my veggie garden. I have ant poison, but it's only for lawns, etc....says nothing about being safe for croplands. I remember one year I bought a bag of something that was specifically for croplands (or veggie gardens)....but I forgot what it was called! Anyone know what I can buy to kill the fireants in the garden?

Thanks! Angie

Reply to
junkyardcat

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know fireants don't like being disturbed and will move their mound if you continue to cultivate the spot they have chosen for their nest. Boiling water can also be effective before the weather begins to warm and the fireants dig deeper to maintain the right temperature for their nursery.

Regards,

Hal

Reply to
Hal