Another Way To Handle Tree Stumps?

Sure, but why?

Reply to
Mike LaMana

Caterpillar D11R.

Reply to
John McGaw

Wouldn't do any different than an electric drill. Except maybe work under water.

How about the classic Skill saw, with a cheap carbide tipped blade? That will cut thru most anything, with the right blade. A low tooth count, if you have a choice.

Otherwise, as Jimmie Walker used to say (not in this context) Dyno-Mite!!

Reply to
John Hines

Trackhoe

Reply to
Brad

Mowing around stumpers adds an extra hour to the mowing chore.

Jack ______________

Reply to
BroJack

Leave them tall enough to install a nice top and use as a picnic table.

DanG

What do you mow with? Fingernail clippers?

Reply to
Brad

Why not blast them out?

Reply to
Mike LaMana

Cub Cadet.

Jack

Reply to
BroJack

My old man's method. Enough dynamite to render it into splinters. No kidding. When he blew a stump there was nothing left to pick up.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

How about a planter?

Reply to
Kipper

Contact paper?

Reply to
Bubba

i cut mine low and built planters over them.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Move. I got rid of moles that way.

Reply to
Charles

I'm talking about a jackhammer that they use to tear up streets.

Jack

Reply to
Bro Jack

I've read in many places across the internet that powdered milk will greatly accelerate the rotting.

I drilled 1/4" holes all over mine and then wet it down. Then sprinkled it liberally with powdered milk.

I don't know if it really did anything, but it did rot pretty quick.

See here:

here:

Artie

I just move enough dirt around them so I can get enough room to cut them off flush with the ground with a chainsaw and then ignore them. We mow right over them.

Reply to
Tim

I strongly suspect that drilling 1/4" holes all over it and putting *anything*,

or even nothing, in them would greatly accellerate rotting.

Reply to
default

You better watch it.

You'll have the animal rights people after you.

BroJack

Reply to
BroJack