Another tree question

Know its normal for trees to sprout leaves in the middle of major branch or trunk during a drought. Thanks, Jang.
Another live oak question in the wild. Last fall, cut back and some down, some "cedars" - juniper ashe- that were choking out the sunshine from some live oaks. The majority of these live oaks are reacting the same way. Sprouting leaves in the middle of major branches and trunk. Did similar 2 years ago around one live oak, first following year, same reaction. Now, all seems normal. Question is, is this normal? If so, why, as additional sunshine can hardly be considered a cause of stress?
Sorry, couldn't find answer under dingleberry's weblinks...
--
Dave

We have a right to choose.
"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

This may sound familiar. I hope is not your answer!
Bill
<http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/fidls/oakdecline/oakdecline.htm
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Excellent website.
On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:37:32 -0500, "Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

While some growth may be normal, it is not normal if you also see any other problems. When a tree is in decline it will live on its last five years of stored energy, so it could take five years for death. If there trees mean anything to the value of your property I suggest you call an arborist to come look. Look up Don Gardener. If you can't find him, call The Natural Gardener and ask them how to contact him. John Dromgool should know as he has Don on the show frequently. It's worth every dollar to save your trees from dying. You know around here people buy the property based on the trees, the house is a free throw in!
Why not hire Don Staples to salvage and restore the area?
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

That's the question, is it normal given the circumstances that I provided? Sorry if a tough question. That's me though.
--
Dave

New drilling sites for oil offshore and other
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:16:55 -0500, "Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

I wish I could say. I can't see the tree. Still, if these are large trees and give value to the property I'd call an arborist. We are in extreme drought right now in C. TX.