Another tree question

Know its normal for trees to sprout leaves in the middle of major branch or trunk during a drought. Thanks, Jang.

Another live oak question in the wild. Last fall, cut back and some down, some "cedars" - juniper ashe- that were choking out the sunshine from some live oaks. The majority of these live oaks are reacting the same way. Sprouting leaves in the middle of major branches and trunk. Did similar 2 years ago around one live oak, first following year, same reaction. Now, all seems normal. Question is, is this normal? If so, why, as additional sunshine can hardly be considered a cause of stress?

Sorry, couldn't find answer under dingleberry's weblinks...

Reply to
Dioclese

This may sound familiar. I hope is not your answer!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

While some growth may be normal, it is not normal if you also see any other problems. When a tree is in decline it will live on its last five years of stored energy, so it could take five years for death. If there trees mean anything to the value of your property I suggest you call an arborist to come look. Look up Don Gardener. If you can't find him, call The Natural Gardener and ask them how to contact him. John Dromgool should know as he has Don on the show frequently. It's worth every dollar to save your trees from dying. You know around here people buy the property based on the trees, the house is a free throw in!

Jangchub

Excellent website.

Reply to
Jangchub

Why not hire Don Staples to salvage and restore the area?

Reply to
symplastless

I would if he lived near me, which he doesn't.

Reply to
Jangchub

That's the question, is it normal given the circumstances that I provided? Sorry if a tough question. That's me though.

Reply to
Dioclese

I wish I could say. I can't see the tree. Still, if these are large trees and give value to the property I'd call an arborist. We are in extreme drought right now in C. TX.

Reply to
Jangchub