Another question concerning clematis

While my clematis is doing fine, already has had blooms and already sporting more buds, about 4 foot tall, it has two different colors of leaves on the vines........
The vine is planted on a corner and runs on a chain link fence. It has equal sun on both runners of the vine, however one side of the vines leaves onn the one coner is light green, and the opposite corner leaves are dark green........any ideas why.......same plant just seperated the runners on each side of the fence post. Its only been the light green leave side that bloomed and showing more buds as well...nothing from the dark leaf side. Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wife, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.