Another Question about Monarch caterpillars

I counted 13 monarch larvae on our milkweeds the other day. Now I only see one. Where the heck do they go? They seem to disappear when they're fully grown, but I don't see any chrysalises anywhere. Thnx
Barb C

Wasps
What do wasps do to them?
Barb C

see
fully
They sort of go up and down the stem..hide on other plants...move back to feed. It is odd. You know your really cool when you have monarchs caterpillars, the milkweed tussock moth, and the milkweed cerambycid beetle all at the same time. Now there's a lofty perch!
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

Look me up! We can look for caterpillars - my 4 year old is a champ!
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC
The wasp stings them and lays a solitary egg on them then shoves them down a hole then it's breakfast lunch and dinner for the wasp larve sorry to hear about your loss I keep my catapillers in a butter fly pavilion until they change then when they emerge a day later I put them out in my garden. then the bad waspies can't get them. but birds don't eat monarch catipillers because they are poisinus and taste bad so dont' blame any birdies
On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:15:45 -0400, "Mike LaMana"
We have those type of wasps here in Florida, but they don't seem to bother the monarch larvae, just the big ugly plant eating lime green ones. In fact, we're always told not to kill these caterpillars because the wasp larvae will do it for us. The wasps here are supposed to be the "good guys". or so I've been told.
Barb C.