Another one of those never-ending jade plant questions

Page 2 of 2

I have a bunch of jade plants outdoors, I live in San Diego. This winter when we got our first major rains several of the plants did exactly what yours is doing. I thought it was either root rot or someone had fallen on the plants. But to my amazement, the problem corrected itself on its own.
My theory is that large jade plants, when exposed to excess water after having been in drought mode, take up too much water and the trunks are not able to support the extra weight. After the plant adjusts to having regular water, their trunks eventually get stronger and can support the weight.
Could this be happening in your case? Did you have a period of extended drought followed by a good soaking? Just a thought.