another mystery shrub

Hello, can someone suggest what this might be?
http://www.reddawn.net/dawn/photos/plant.jpg
I cut a piece and put it on the scanner. I've got three of these woody, leggy things about a foot high growing in the front flowerbed under a very large and established winged euonymous where they have no room and no light. I suspect they were planted by the previous owner shortly before we moved in here. I've been cutting them back pretty severely because all they do is grow into the lawn and get in the lawnmower, but I need to know what it really is and if it's worth keeping and moving someplace else.
Dawn

to accurately identify any plant, a flower, no matter how insignificant needs to accompany a photo.
escapee wrote:

Never seen it flower. Otherwise I would oblige.
Dawn
not really true, is it?
Dave
opined:

Looks as if it might be some form of Hypericum
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries