Another Damn Honesuckle Sickness

Another Damn Honeysuckle Sickness -- Can Someone Help?
Go here http://home.houston.rr.com/evanshome/honeysuckle_malady.htm
jim
On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:42:12 -0500, jim evans

With as much rain as Houston has had in the past month, I wonder if it isn't a case of too much water.
deg
On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:31:25 GMT, Dewitt

I guess that's possible. We've certainly had monsoons for weeks on end. This guy is planted on the edge of an area that stands in water after a rain. It's located on higher ground. It never sits in water, but the ground near it stays saturated for several hours after a rain. This means recently it has been almost constantly saturated.
Does too much water have this effect?
jim
On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 11:54:32 -0500, jim evans

Don't really know, but http://www.floridata.com/ref/t/teco_cap.cfm says that it needs good drainage.
deg

Not unlikely. Your picture shows a Cape honeysuckle (not a honeysuckle but a trumpet vine), and it does not much enjoy wet feet.
--
Chris Green

jim evans wrote:

Those leaves don't look anything like the leaves on my honeysuckle.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

I believe it is cape honeysuckle.
http://www.calflora.net/bloomingplants/capehoneysuckle.html
Tyler

If it kills Japanese Honeysuckle send it over here.