Another Bee Bites the Dust

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

If there is plantain around (the weed, not the banana ), chew up a leaf and apply it to the sting. Beeks all over have recommended this method. I haven't been stung recently, so I haven't tried it.

Reply to
Ann

The underside is for drawing and the top side is for healing. Plantain likes to grow on my driveway.

We have used it under regular band aids for a long time.

Just a suggestion......Swedish lore.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

hey y'all,

tobacco &/or tobacco juice works in that department as well.....

rae

Reply to
raeannsimpson

So does raw onion.

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

I use nothing, wait 30-60 minutes and it is virtually gone. Can't find any clue that I was stung the next day. I've been stung many times by most everything except Scorpions (none in this area).

This reminds me of Granny Clampett's cure for the common cold. It was some horrible concoction she would brew up and feed you. In a week to 10 days your cold would be cured. Worked every time! (grin)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Heh...many will stay clear of anything chemical around gardens for fear of "cancer", even if developed and tested for such use, but have no issues strapping a known carcinogen on a wound. :)

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Leon Fisk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Lucky you. I got stung by a teeny little sweat bee this spring and ended up on steroids for an arm that was swollen from wrist to armpit and half- way 'round the circumferance -- and still swelling three days later.

I used Plantain in it immediately and although it helped with the sting, it did nothing to stop the reaction. Well... wait... I *hope* that was an unstopped reaction or I'd hate to see a full-blown one.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:34:04 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Bummer...

I don't know if it is lucky or not. It still hurts like the begeezers for a few seconds. Really annoying when the culprit gets away too, before I can squash it.

I know that it is no trivial matter for some people. I didn't mean to be flippant. I have my doubts though that the home remedies mentioned are of much help for a reaction like you are getting...

Reply to
Leon Fisk