Anemones growing in Oct!

Hi, I've got some anemones "The Governor" in pots. They bloomed in late spring and died off. I was planning on digging them and storing them over the winter but...Now, they're growing again!! Even if I don't dig them I would overwinter the pots in my garage so they don't freeze solid. How will this new growth affect their winter survival here in NJ? This was my first year growing them so I don't have any experience with them.
Thanks, Doug
The 'Governor' is one of the scarlet varieties of the St. Brigid form of A.coronaria 'De Caen' anemones and with correct conditions can flower at any time of the year. They are reasonably able to withstand frosts and still continue to flower. These could be longer lasting than those in the spring. Use as cut flowers and pick well before opening.Commercially they are grown for their Autumn flowers and continue for months. These are normally planted as small corms in June/July. Keep sheltered and after flowering prepare to discard as they are seldom worth retaining. Keep the pots outside as long as possible. Best wishes.

spring