,,,and the rains came...

Page 6 of 6
Fran Farmer wrote:

Not necessarily, he could be genuine. Crazy as it may seem to you and I seeing nothing at all wrong with cherry-picking data is characteristic of deniers. But you are right saying there is no point in going on.
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:33:35 PM UTC-7, David Hare-Scott wrote:

[....snip....]

gree%20with%20global%20warming&kl=us-en

[...snip

Grammar Police here:
You are politely indicted on charges of using a subject pronoun where an in direct object pronoun is required. "Crazy as it may seem to you and I..."
Would you say "Crazy as it may seem to I"? Of course not! You would natura lly say "...to ME..."
Never understood why normally good speakers get confused by a double object . "...you and [somebody else]. I talked this over with fellow language fr eaks and they put forth a not wholly implausible theory that the poor littl e object pronoun "me"(him, her, them) has somehow acquired a plebian reputa tion.
Ah, well...back to saving CA from drought
HB

Yep.
I pointed that out too, and he just switched the subject. Meanwhile he's telling us WE are immune to facts.
At least he's relatively polite. I suppose he doesn't see calling a large group of scientists "scammers" is not polite. As long as you don't insult someone to their face, it's okay.
:)
Meanwhile, last year I bought 2 blooming orchids at the supermarket. They went through dormancy and starting blooming again. What a great plant. The bigger one opened it's first flower Dec 24th. Now the plant has 11 flowers, and all of them look fresh.
The second one has been blooming for a few weeks.
I can't think of any other plant that holds it's blooms so long. I think I'm hooked.
--
Dan Espen

On 03/13/2014 06:17 AM, Dan.Espen wrote:

Hi Dan,
Do a search on "Climategate". Yup. Fraud is involved. Kind of have to do that if you haven't got squat and you lose your funding if you don't conform!
And by the way, I was only referring to those scientists involved in "Climategate". The reset I presume are sincere.
When governments provides money to fund a pet political theory, you prove it or you lose your funding. Including fraud.
How many endless studies to you see about cholesterol with no proof whatsoever [1]? It is because of government funding. Prove otherwise and you lose your job. And people are suffering grave harm from the drugs with no help whatsoever [2].
Here is where the cholesterol fraud all started [3]: George McGovern: “we Senators don’t have the luxury that a research scientist does of waiting until every last shred of evidence is in."
Global warming is the same way. Apply enough government (other people's) money, and you get whatever result you want. Anyone speaks out: oh boy! Just look at some of the attitudes on this group: very Stalinist. Global Warming is treated like an Axiom.
-T
1) http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/6/847.full.pdf
1) http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/95/6/397.full
2) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16651050
3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xbFQc2kxm9c

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
Fran Farmer wrote: ...

here is a recent link with much useful information:
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/cloudy-forecast
i love the part about the 20 climate model research groups and trying to find a negative feedback from cloud cover.
songbird
On 13/03/2014 5:33 AM, songbird wrote:

Thanks 'bird. I've bookmarked it to read later tonight. It looks like and interesting site.
Fran Farmer wrote:

you're welcome. :)
i used to enjoy their weekly magazine (of a few pages) that came in the mail. they switched to every other week right about when i decided my budget could no longer support them. i was glad that their on-line site is available instead. the organization behind the scenes is well worth supporting.
songbird
On 02/28/2014 08:48 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

> why not scale up successful Israeli desalination technology via a > Manhattan Project-sized program.

Hi Higgs,
Here is an idea. Threaten the Northern Californians that if they don't send water down south, you will send people up. You should be washing your cars in the street in no time! :-)
-T
Santa Barbara is using desalination. They are immune to the drought. I think it is an idea that have come.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:32:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Dan.Espen) wrote:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=climate%20scientists%20that%20do%20not%20agre e%20with%20global%20warming&kl=us-en

written

carbon

fuels

that

error

And should all of us suppose that you fail to find it is just a little too convenient that a bunch of new "Journals" popped up with reviewers and editorial staff of true AGW believers?
?-)