ambrosia beetle

I've always wanted a red Crepe Myrtle tree/shrub. But, now I'm seeing evidence of the ambrosia beetle attacking crepe myrtles on my neighbor's property and the city park. There is what looks like sawdust pieces on the lower trunk. What can be done about this? Are there varieties of crepe myrtle resistant to the ambrosia beetle? I'm in e.TN.
One major problem with that species of plant is improper pruning. People who do not understand pruning targets often hurt the trees and claim to be pollarding. Pollarding done correctly is very good form. Done incorrectly causes many problems. The beetles may well just be secondary agents. can you post some pictures of your plants to a web site?
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive.
Troubles in the Rhizosphere http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html
Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html and Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com
Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html and http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"
Improper Pruning http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning
Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry) http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html
Tree Farming and Related Problems http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND /

symplastless said:
[...]
If you're going to add this to every post:

could you please put it behind a proper sig delimiter (dash, dash, space)?
Thanks
--

Eggs

After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?