Aloes and hand cream?

Hi, I have some aloes that are getting big. One grew tall as well and fell today. It crooked and became not as nice as I would like it to be. I decided that I do not want it now. Is there a way to transform the leaves into a hand lotion? Do some of you have and idea where I can find out about it? Thank you, Françoise.
Add pictures here
✖

you are better off picking one leaf at a time. Even then, one leaf is too much lotion. When you pick it, slit it open along the length. The gel will be half anf half running and curdled. I suppose you can remove the curdles by blending it, but we actually use them as minipads to spread the gel. It does not keep long, even in the fridge.
Add pictures here
✖
Thank, you for the advise.
Françoise.
simy1 wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
First, make sure it's aloe vera. Second, check that you're not allergic to it; put a little on the inside of your elbow then cover for 24hrs and see if you get a rash. Here's a couple of great sites:
http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/substances_view/1,1525,10001,00.html http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/a/aloes027.html
Add pictures here
✖
Pen,
Thanks for the sites. I read them and I learn a lot about aloes. How can I tell if my aloe is aloe vera? Françoise.
Pen wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Mine became large too. I started a new plant from a pup, then gave away the large plant. I use a fresh leaf for skin treatments (burns, cuts and wounds). The gel is one of the most remarkable healing agents known. Aloe vera is also known as Aloe barbadensis. The juice is a powerful cathartic.
Add pictures here
✖
Phisherman wrote:

This is a good idea. I will do this too. Françoise
Add pictures here
✖