Aloe for Dummies: Top Heavy Aloe

Can I cut the top most leaves? Will it stop it's growth. The stem is small and the plant is too heavy and cannot stand up on it's own. I have to rest it on the wall.
I don't know anything about aloe plants :-)
TIA
You can trim the plant and root the cuttings in damp soil. It might be time to replant it. Just bury the extra stalk below the soil line. Good luck, Laura
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Since were on the topic of aloe plants...
Are all aloe edible? If not, how do you tell an edible aloe from a non-edible aloe?
Thanks for any help.
Jim Carlock Post replies to the group.
--
Swimming Pool, Spa and Water Feature Builders
http://www.aquaticcreationsnc.com /