Allen Sythe? ? ? ? ?

I am about to take on a very overgrown allotment.
Does anyone know if allen sythes are still available to hire?
I believe the "modern alternative" is the Flail Mower!
Any other advice welcome.
PS. I'm in Warwick.
Thanks in advance, Martin
--
Martin L

Martin L;977305 Wrote: > I am about to take on a very overgrown allotment.

Ive used a machine called a 'bushwacker', where years ago I might have used an allen scythe. It has a tough rotary blade and will clear most things and is readily available at hire outlets.
regards, Lannerman.
--
lannerman

lannerman wrote:

this sounds like a weed wacker with a metal blade. i have one here for small clearing jobs. works fine, not too expensive to buy outright if the price of rental is too high.
songbird