all dude flowers on my zuke

Hi All,

I let one of the fruit on one of my zukes get a little big (2' long by 4" diameter). Since I have cut it off and ate it, all the flowers on that plant are dude flowers, about ten of them.

Coincidence or my mistake? How do I get more girl flowers? Am I over thinking this?

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
Todd

Yes

David Hare-Scott

The zuch stuck it out there, and you cut it off. Would you you do it again? Give the zuch a chance to forget, and let the male chorus line of flowers work its magic. Hope springs eternal, especially among gardeners.

Reply to
Billy

Hi Billy,

At least the chorus line is providing pollen for the other plants

So, it was my fault.

-T

Reply to
Todd