"Agent Orange" -- EPA & USDA in bed with Dow

Yum Yum! Our food animals raised (tortured) on factory farms will now din e on crops poisoned by a deadly new herbicide APPROVED by our government "g uardians".

Just in from Organic Consumers Association ========================= =====================

"BREAKING: EPA Approves 'Agent Orange' Deadly Duo Poison. Take the Factory Farm Free Pledge!

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, ignoring more than 60 members of Congress and a half a million citizens, late yesterday approved a deadly ne w herbicide, Dow's Enlist Duo, made from a combination of Monsanto's Roundu p and Dow's "Agent Orange" 2,4-D.

The new herbicide will be used on Dow's newly approved corn and soy crops, engineered to withstand massive doses of the new "Deadly Duo" herbicide.

****Where will the vast percentage of these new crops go? To feed animals o n factory farms.****

Take Action: Take the Factory Farm Free Friday Pledge!

Better yet? Pledge to boycott factory farms forever!

With yesterday's approval of Dow's Enlist crops and Deadly Duo herbicide, t he EPA, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which also signed off on th e crops, have signaled that they have no intention of ending the rampant es calation of the use of*** increasingly toxic poisons by industrial agricult ure.****

The only way we will stop them is by shutting down demand for GMO crops. Th at will take millions of consumers switching to organic, non-GMO food at th e supermarket--and that means boycotting meat, eggs and dairy from factory farms.

Now, more than ever, it's time to fight back.

Take Action: Take the Factory Farm Free Friday Pledge!

- Katherine and Melinda for the OCA team"

========================= ========================= ==========

This is SO scary. And it is a tough one for many consumers who, like moi, have not been eating ONLY organic meat, eggs, dairy - partly because of th e price; partly because I'm never sure exactly what "organic" means.

We have 4 farmers markets here in town, so we have *some* assurance. But f ar from everybody has that kind of access. And most consumers are totally uninformed -- and unfortunately uninterested in how their meat, eggs, dairy got to the supermarket.

So maybe it's time to stop being passive victims and bombard our Congresswh ores -- oops, representatives -- to demand they outlaw what the FDA/USDA-wh ores now permit their client, Dow, to feed the animal prisoners on factory farms.

(End agitated outburst)

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon

Agent Orange isn't 2,4-D. AO was a combination of 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D.

2,4,5-T is strong stuff, and making it far worse, the 2,4,5-T was contaminated with a dioxin compound. 2,4-D is probably the most commonly used herbicide in the US since the 1940s. Anyone who's sprayed a commercial weedkiller on their lawn has applied 2,4-D.

That's not to say that 2,4-D is completely harmless. But it is not Agent Orange, and anyone who calls it such is either deliberately lying or is too stupid to be a trusted source on health/chemical issues.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan