Advice on creating a camomile lawn

Advice or pointers to preparation and planting for a camomile or other fragrant low traffic lawn please. Ta.
from snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (Michael Green) contains these words:

The most fragrant chamomile is the sterile one, Treneague; obviously you can't grow it from seed, but very easily propagated by cuttings and layers. It isn't a longlived or tough plant, and doesn't like severe cold or prolonged wet, so keeping a dense green cover is difficult. Whatever fanciful books pretend, in the UK I wouldn't plant it as a lawn to be walked on like grass; imho it just isn't strong enough. I once grew it in a big stone trough as a scented seat but found it a bit damp and crushable for sitting on. Lovely to brush with your hand as you pass by, or for tea.
Prince Charles has a famous scented patchwork path of different coloured thymes at Highgrove, planted among paving so walkers don't have to crush the thyme too much. If you look at one of the Highgrove books in a shop, you're sure to find a picture of it.
Janet
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (Michael Green) wrote in message

Hmm, no reponse. Must be in the wrong place. Where mighty I get a better response? Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (Michael Green) wrote in message

This being a US dominated group, you may not find much interest. Chamomile seems to prefer milder climates than our own (mostly continental). But you may find more if you choose thyme instead, which does well everywhere.
I am not installing a chamomile lawn, no way it would make it here in Minnesota but nichols' nursery sells blends of chamomile and other compatible grasses that is supposed to be hardier and get the same kind of result as an herbal lawn. http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/ There are different blends for different parts of the US so I imagine you could experiment with different blends to get a sturdier lawn.
You should also try google'ing this group. I know it has come up before.
Also, the traffic is lower this time of year, with the holidays and nothing much growing outside in North America where I imagine most of this group lives.
mm