Advice for selecting memorial tree

Hi All,
First posting. I'm wanting a memorial tree, something that woul blossom in late january. It would need to stay in a pot for a year o two as we may move. I was told to get a small prunus but various garde centres have since told me that I won't get one to flower at that time However I do remember seeing on in tescos around that time. I jus didn't want to buy a memorial tree in a supermarket. Now I wish I had
Any advice on what to get?
Where to get it? (I live in Ireland, would be happy to get it mai order). Am I too late to buy one this year. I would be happy to trave to a wholesaler to pick one up.
Thanks
--
GrubbyGreen

and I will send you one of each. Let me know who you are. It would be nice if they stayed with the tree as it grows and was available to people who care for it for many years to come. It is handy and lucid.
Planting http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/T/tree_planting.html
Mulching - http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/mulch.html
Pruning http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning
Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry) http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html
And I will just through these in. Tree Farming and Related Problems http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/
Troubles in the Rhizosphere http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html
Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Tree Biologist www.treedictionary.com Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.
Grubby
If you can afford to travel for the tree, when you find it, you could have me and my wife - we are both half Irish and both have a background in tree biology, come and visit and plant your tree correctly for you. We could give you sound advice in future care as well. I.e., when you decide to plant it in the ground.
We planted three willows properly near our home for a old owner and the trees look great. When we took a closer look the deer (buck) had rubbed their antlers on the tree creating long wounds. I know that this could set the stag for certain conditions in the future like a hollow for a creature to live in, but I wish we had placed wire mesh about 4' from and around the trees. I really do love the deer, believe they have a right to be here, believe they require this type of rubbing, but it hurts. So your situation may require a fence to protect the tree from such wounds, I guess. Just a suggestion.
John

On Thu, 1 May 2008 00:26:31 +0100, GrubbyGreen

I won't pretend to know what your weather is like in late January, but our prunus mume "Peggy Clarke" blooms at Xmas in warm years and around the 15th of January in years when we still have snow on the ground at that time.